Basically, I paint stuff.
I've been working as a full-time artist for several years now, and I've yet to come up with a proper statement or thesis. I find the concept in itself difficult to wrap my head around, as I find that most of my goals change with each different series of works, as does the medium, the inspiration, the technique, etc.... not to mention, my perception of the world around me... so to try to apply some all-encompassing goal or concept, to me, seems not only daunting, but quite limiting.
I try to view most of my work as study. Through these studies I'm able to work out various aspects of color, contrast, composition, texture, line, space, medium, and technique.
There are rarely any more goals to these works
Even to apply a predetermined goal to a particular series seems an attempt to dictate to my audience what they SHOULD see, opposed to what the see on their own... and I don't particularly like to be told what to do.
ShockeyArt.com / shockeyrotica.etsy.com
- 5/13 - "Tempting Fate" - group exhibit - Empire Art - Omaha,Ne
- 7/15 - "II" - group exhibit - Empire Art - Omaha, Ne
- 8/12 - * "Elegy" - solo exhibit - Empire Art - Omaha, Ne
- 8/19 - "Art 4 People International Raw Arts Festival" - group exhibit - Enfield, Ct
- 7/7 - "Four Horsemen and The Seven Deadly Sins" - group exhibit - 13th St. Gallery - Omaha, Ne
- 8/8 - "The Crazy Eights and Lesser Themes" - Group Exhibit - Nicholas St. Gallery - Omaha, Ne
- 9/5 - "LABOR/LABOUR" - Group Exhibit - 13th St. Gallery - Omaha, Ne
- 9/5 - * "HARD HABITS TO BREAK" - Solo Exhibit - ALLEYWAY GALLERY - Omaha, Ne
11/11 - "Exquisite Elevens" - Group Exhibit - Nicholas St. Gallery - Omaha, Ne
12/12 - "Foot Squared" - Group Exhibit - Cesium Gallery - Omaha, Ne
Earned several Scholastic and Young Artist awards in my youth. I have personally handled a few commercial/advertisement projects and some mural work, however the vast majority of my commissions have been special requests for private collectors.